Someone has truly quoted that “Creativity is the father of all inventions”. It is the span of imagination that helped the great scientist of the past Isaac Newton to discover the Law of Gravity. According to some philosophical theories, a child takes birth with some innate ideas which are scattered in the mind board at the time of birth. Gradually with time, kids learn to place these ideas in their mind board and create a proper shape out of these. There are different activities that help the kids to strengthen their brain power; one of such activity is art.
The modern day schools are promoting art and craft activities because of their immense impact on the students. These are as important as science, math, computer education or other working subjects. Arts education is educating child about drawing, sketching, coloring, painting, crafts and other works related to these. Education related to performing arts, drama, music, dance and theatre also comes under the heading of arts education. Though many people don’t consider this area of education as important, but it exercises great impact on the mental and character development of a child. Some of the reasons for giving importance to art education are briefly discussed below:-
• Art education boosts up our imaginative skills. For example, when kids are asked to draw a flower or a landscape, they actually have to imagine the things before putting their pencil to work. In this way their span of imagination get expanded,
• Creativity is the core of any artwork. When a kid gets engaged in drawing something on the art copy or try to give shape to the modeling clay, they start thinking in a different way.
It is often noticed that kids try to draw different shapes on their art copies that do not really contain any meaning. Kids actually try to vent out their feelings by means of these figures,
• Many research studies have proved that art education keeps the brain active. When kids get engage in activities like drawing, music, dance or drama, they start utilizing all their senses and learn to contrast, combine and compose new things,
• Art education teaches the kids to think clearly about the things that are taught. Though people give priority to mathematics and sciences, but the fact is that arts education helps more make a kid logical and provides clarity in thoughts by giving visual image for every concept,
• This branch of education also helps in developing motor skills of the children. Activity like drawing helps in developing fine motor skills while the physical activities like dancing impacts the gross motor skill development,
• Art education teaches the kids to be self confidence. This kids of education helps the kids in expressing themselves in a better way which in turn boosts up their self confidence,
• These activities also teach the kids to be self disciplined. In order to acquire mastery over art, dance or drama, kids need to follow a particular routine.
On a deep level, art is a form of communication, it is another way of expressing ourselves and our emotions and it can help with processing feelings and experiences.
This article has been posted by a school guide of OnlineSchoolAdmissions.Com, who also provides free of cost counseling to parents on school admissions. A visit to the site lets parents know about the school in delhi or bal bhavan public school mayur vihar 2 of their choice. They can also search for julia gabriel as per their choice and fill up the school application forms online.
Organizational Behavior in Education, 11/e gives future and current educational administrators, superintendents, principals, a... Read More >
Pedro Noguera argues that higher standards and more tests, by themselves, will not make low-income urban students any smarter and the schools they ... Read More >
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from c... Read More >